Dr. Raul Muñoz, Coordinator of the European consortium of STRAUSS, participated in the Stakeholders Consultation Workshop - Network Technologies Work Programme 2016-2017 in Brussels on 29-30 September 2014 with the presentation "Extending SDN and NFV to Transport Networks" on behalf of the Converged and Optical Networks (CAON) cluster.
This workshop brought together renowned experts and stakeholders to refine ideas for future Network Technologies and Internet of Things (IoT) research and innovation that could be part of the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2016-2017.
The two-day workshop was organised in plenary and break-out parallel sessions on the following six themes:
- Radio (architecture, technologies, mm-waves)
- Network management (security, big data for network management, energy efficiency)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Optical technologies (core, access)
- Experiments, test beds and demonstrations (5G focus)
- SDN/NFV/Internet architectures
The final session reports and session slides are available for download here.